Implant Dentures – Trophy Club, TX
Creating Complete Smiles
At Complete Dentistry in Trophy Club, patients living without any healthy teeth arrive looking for a trustworthy, longer-lasting solution. While traditional dentures remain a tried-and-true option for tooth replacement, they lack the longevity, stability, and full functionality offered by implant dentures in Trophy Club. Not to mention, these permanent prosthetics are the only ones capable of restoring entire tooth-to-crown structures. Contact us today to schedule an appointment to learn if you’re a candidate for treatment.
What Are Implant Dentures?
Mimicking the natural tooth structures, implant dentures actually do not look much like regular teeth. They are made of titanium and resemble a screw; however, when placed within the bone, they fuse with the tissues, creating similar and fully functional “teeth.”
When placing implant dentures, it’s essential for an implant dentist in Trophy Club to insert between four and eight dental implants along the upper or lower arch. This helps to stabilize the customized denture that is then secured into place when ready. The type of denture you receive is ultimately dependent on your preference, budget, and oral health.
There are two types you and your dentist will discuss:
Fixed/Permanent Implant Dentures
A fixed denture is held into place using between four and eight dental implants. It cannot be removed by anyone other than a skilled implant dentist. Because it is permanent, you cannot remove it to clean your mouth but instead, you should be able to clean your teeth and gums effectively without any problems.
Removable Implant Dentures
Also referred to as “Snap-On dentures,” these removable prosthetics are held into place with 2-5 dental implants as well as a bar- or ball-retained device and do not require as much jawbone density. The prosthetics can be removed before cleaning and easily re-inserted.
The Implant Denture Process
All patients who undergo dental implant surgery must follow the same four steps; however, because each case is different, there may be some slight variations:
- Initial Consultation – You will meet with Dr. Sadkin or Dr. Crumpton to discuss your candidacy for treatment. If necessary, you may require preliminary treatments before receiving dental implants in Trophy Club. These can include bone grafting or periodontal therapy.
- Dental Implant Surgery – Once cleared, you will remain in our office to undergo the surgical portion of treatment. This involves receiving local anesthesia before multiple incisions are made along the jawbone. Once each implant is positioned, the gum tissue is closed, and healing caps are placed over the tops of the implant posts.
- Osseointegration – Over the next 3-6 months, you’ll be required to recover at home. Osseointegration will occur that involves the bone tissues and your implants fusing, creating a stable foundation for your custom restoration.
- Final Placement of Restoration – Once you’re fully healed, you’ll return to have your custom dentures put into place. They’ll be designed to look and feel completely natural, so you can enjoy your new and improved smile.
Am I a Candidate for Implant Dentures?
Only until we are able to examine your smile during a consultation will you know for sure if you are a candidate for implant dentures. Most adults suffering from tooth loss can receive permanent prosthetics; however, there are instances where preliminary treatments are necessary. Should you require periodontal therapy, bone grafting, or another form of dental care, you can trust our team to outfit your oral cavity in a way that promotes optimal support for your new smile.
Benefits of Combining Dentures & Dental Implants
Combining dentures and dental implants might have been an impossible thought decades ago but with the advancements in dentistry, bringing these two prosthetics together creates a one-of-a-kind tooth replacement solution. Some of the greatest benefits include:
- Minimizing the risk of diseases and conditions commonly caused by tooth loss
- Maintaining your facial shape and embracing a more youthful appearance
- Eating healthy, nutrient-rich foods that were once impossible with no teeth or even dentures
- The ability to have greater bite force and chewing power
- An easy-to-clean method of maintaining better oral health
- Improved jawbone stimulation
- Prosthetics that can last 30+ years or more
I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I Need a Dentist for My Child I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I am Worried About Bleeding Gums I Want to Enhance My Smile I Want a Straighter Smile I am in Pain & Need Help I am Interested in Sleep Apnea Therapy View Our Services